Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 15 & 16 Turmoil

Ok this is a crummy pictures but hey it's a picture. This is from week 14.


Ok sorry I missed last week’s post. Things have just been so stressful here. Carl and I have been talking about what we are going to do. As you all know things here have not been so good financially! Carl has been talking to his Dad and he tells him that he could get work there no problem and that housing is very inexpensive in Florida. So we have been talking it over and have decided that financially moving to Florida is the best option for us right now. It’s really not ideal moving at this time in my life but you got to do what you got to do.

I have done my research and if we move there I “should” be able to qualify for Medicaid which will cover having the baby. I also found out that my current health plan has contracted hospitals there in Florida! Can you say woooooooo hooooooo!!! Haha. I have been so stressed and worried about health insurance. So as long as my Dad can pay for the health insurance than we are ok, I can pay for my health insurance it’s only 220.00 a month. That is a totally do able amount! My health insurance policy is awesome there is a 1500 dollar deductable and once that is met EVERYTHING is covered!!!! So I’m really glad about that news! Good good…..

So I talked to my family today, and it went a lot better than I thought. They are sad which is totally to be expected. I have always been around and now during this life changing time I’m moving away. But they both understand that sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Carl and I have decided on a time line for moving with two scenarios which I’m still thinking about. So we will give it till July, see how things are going here if come July things have not turned around then we will Definitely be moving to Florida. If things are going really well and look like they will keep going that way then we may wait till after we have the baby. Unfortunately we have a lease that is up in September. This is a problem because if we break the lease we will have to pay for cleaning the house, cleaning the carpet, and any paint that needs to be done. We also would have to pay for rent until the house is rented out and pay for the rental companies 800.00 fee. However, I think if the shit hit the fan our landlord would work out a payment plan with us. I just don’t want to wreck our credit. So if we move in July we will pay our rent for July then August’s rent will be covered by our deposit. We still have to have the house cleaned and the carpets it’s in our lease but at least that way our credit is ok and I think it would cost less.

So I don’t know I scared and nervous about moving just because it is unknown. I keep running things through my head. What happens if I can’t handle the heat there and start passing out? How will I care for a baby? What happens if my endometriosis comes back and I can’t function? I just don’t want to hurt our baby. I don’t know….. It’s just scary!



1 comment:

  1. Hey I am so happy that you guys are going to be moving to Florida. You guys there makes more family out there yay!! Glad your family was ok with the whole moving thing. McKenzie, you and I can go to the beach all the time. I am looking so forward to it. Well I hope things really become better for you guys financially. Glad to hear your baby is good. Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete