Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Britneying out in week 23.....

So I have officially had my Britney Spears mommy moment. It could have been much worse…. So here is what was going through my mind…





So I was vacuuming the floor for the 3rd time this week!! Looking at all the dog hair! Clover had gotten hair in her eye and it is just a mess. So I was thinking I will just shave her…. Yea that way there will be less hair! Brilliant! It can’t be too hard to clip her hair off. I know it’s bad to shave a dogs coat because it cools her but she is never outside much so that should not be an issue. Since I am the ice queen and all… and she won’t get sun burnt since we’re always indoors too. This is a good idea!!!




So I got out the clippers and buzz went to work on her back. From the first cut I knew this was not going to work out as magically as I thought. I had put one of those attachments on the clippers but it was not working the hair was all stuck. So I took it off that is when things got ugly! It was so uneven!! I thought well I will just smooth it our buzz there went another inch now this side is lower than that side… shit…. This is so not working…. But did I stop no…. Buzz….buzzz…..It was getting hot. I was covered in dog hair Maddy kept moving and I could not get it smooth. I decided I had done enough brought her in the house and gasped!!





I had butchered my poor dog’s hair, She looked terrible! Oh man oh man what am I going to do… I decided I had to call Carl he was going to flip when he got home. So I called him and told him what I had done! He wanted to know what I was thinking??? I told him and he was in shock could not believe I could do that to her. Then I got the lecture dogs hair keeps them cool… you just need to brush her…. Blah…blah… I can’t….blah… So now I felt really bad. I kept thinking I had ruined my dog! She won’t be able to keep cool it’s going to take months to grow back can’t let her in the sun at all…..what was I thinking?!?



Well might as well rinse her off! So we got in the shower and the water was cold and she whined… Maddy never whines in the shower!! So then I was worried that she was going to be all sensitive without her hair! So I had to call my sister she would have a solution to my problem. After telling me that I was a dork but know how I felt about the dog hair her suggestion was a coat and scarf! Great while it’s hot?? My poor dog is going to be a laughing stock of the neighborhood and just when she met a new friend…




So then I decided to hop on the computer and make sure I did not cause irreversible damage to my dog. Now whenever there is absolutely nothing you can do about something don’t look it up on the computer it just makes things worse. So I type in shaved dog and a site comes up talking about all the reasons not to shave your dog!! There was a dog that had been shaved and they nicked its nipples and elbows and they go infected…. Great… Luckily I did not cut her. Then there was the news that made me cry it said that it took 6 months for the gods hair to grow back….. I looked over at Maddy and just cried! I was having a massive guilt attack!



So the moral of the story when you’re a new Mom and you get the urge to cut anyone’s hair think of Britney Spears then check with someone else who is not riddled with hormones and see what they think first……..

No comments:

Post a Comment